As a special event florist, Emerald City Designs makes the process of selecting flowers fun and enjoyable. In choosing a floral theme, we will suggest and offer the best options available to suit your personal taste and style. Our forte’ is the floral designs including your unique bridal bouquet and the grooms’ matching boutonniere. Creating a memorable ceremony with blossoms, fabrics and candles are just a few of the ideas. Guests will admire your reception décor whether it is accented with candelabras dripping with roses or flowerpots brimming with hydrangea and sweat peas.
At Emerald City Designs, unique floral creations are truly one-of-a-kind. Working with our designers at Emerald City Designs, you’ll be assured that no event will duplicate another. From discovering beautiful flowers that best suit your own personality and style, to creating an impression for your guests that will last a lifetime, the possibilities are endless. The professionals at Emerald City Designs will make the process of selecting the perfect florals both fun and educational!
Our on-site designers pride themselves in making certain that no two events ever look the same. Creations are presented that harmonize with not only the theme of your event, but the budget and season you’re working within. Our creative partner is YOU – and because of this, your event represents the vision you’ve given us. At Emerald City Designs, we bring your visions to life!
How are the floral arrangements made?
Floral designs are created exclusively from our studio. Each floral bouquet is hand made from our talented designers and overseen by David McKnight. Each concept is created with the style and personality of the client and the vision of the event. A team of experienced event designers will offer their talent to ensure the integrity of the event details.
Each design is created from the style and personality of the client. When working with Emerald City Designs, you will have an experience like no other. David McKnight and the event managers will ensure that the relationship you have with ECD will be structured so that the integrity of the event is presented. Thru the many years of designing events, ECD will exceed your expectations of service and style. The flower arrangements that are created will be selected based on your style and budget. Every design is custom to create the design that will best fit your desire.
Where are the flowers from?
All flowers that are chosen for your event are chosen from all over the world. As we do work with local growers and farms, we also select the flowers from a variety of gardens and vendors from different regions. Once the flower is chosen from the grower, they are handled with care to ensure their quality and presentation.
How are flowers transported?
As most flower arrangements are designed in our studio, the concept is created based on the final placement. The flowers are always kept in a climate to hold their quality and color. The flower arrangements are placed by our trained event staff using a fleet of vehicles from Emerald City Designs.
How are floral designs different for weddings, events, or special occasions?
When planning a special event whether it is a wedding or a garden tea party we make sure the look of the floral is designed specifically to enhance the environment it is being utilized in. Floral can be used in many different ways depending on the event they are being used for and a good event planner will know just the right touches to apply.
At Emerald City Designs our staff of planners and designers work very closely to make sure the look of the floral creates the ambiance and atmosphere our clients are looking for. Having the right style of floral at your event is very important to create the theme and ambiance you might be looking for.
For example, if one plans to get married near the beach a formal pave of red roses in the middle of the guest tables is probably not the mist fitting style for such a casual fun location. Various glass cylinders with bright green orchids and seashells would add the perfect touch to a beach side wedding. For a wedding theme it can be based on a color, style of wedding dress or inspiration of a parent. For a corporate theme the designs can be based on the personality and brand of the company. For a graduation party it can be specially themed to suit the interests of the graduate.
- Anemones beautiful, delicate and paper thin, anemones are great.
- Alstromeria or Peruvian lily is a wonderful filler flower that can be tucked into centerpieces or bouquets and comes in a wide variety of colors.
- Bachelor buttons are blue and just the right size for gentlemen’s lapel floral.
- Chrysanthemums come in a variety of colors and shapes and can be used for many different purposes such as creating large animal shapes.
- Hydrangea’s are a very full round shaped floral that is used in everything from bouquets to lush ceremony pieces. Colors range from white to blush, blue, green, raspberry and deep violet.
- Garden roses beautiful varieties of garden roses are the perfect touch to any garden themed event. Pricier than regular roses but well worth the addition in any brides bouquet.
- Spray Roses ranging in colors from ivory to blush pink and into deep red and orange, spray roses are ideal for corsages and centerpieces too.
- Peonies a timeless and beautiful flower to work into table centerpieces and must be included in the brides bouquet if using them in the reception flowers.
- Oriental Lilies fragrant lush and opulent lillies are a classic wedding flower and come in shades of white, yellow, pink, orange and burgundy.